grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Mar 14, 2019, 18:59
Captain Starlet wrote:
After a quick recap today:

We're fucked!

For those of us who lost our jobs and careers in 2016, this is basically saying we've no future here and go elsewhere, or do lesser qualified jobs, which isn't a realistic option. On a personal level, the only thing I can actually think of doing is looking to relocate and find work, however this becomes even more problematic due to the fact that thousands of others will be planning the same thing, thus making regaining a career a complete pain in the arse!

It's not just that "thousands of others" thing... up until Brexit you have the right to settle and find work in any one of 27 other countries which - collectively - make up the world's largest economy. Losing that right is a terrible price to pay for the foolishness of a narrow majority of your fellow countrymen and women.

It's sad; most who voted Leave won't be personally affected by the loss of Freedom of Movement. Yet they've decided to strip that right from those who would use it, all in the name of some vague, nebulous idea of sovereignty that they can never coherently explain.

My own friend is looking at Australia, but he doesn't want to uproot his family. Even if brexit is cancelled, his contract is gone now and he's got a three month window to find something else before the offer in Australia disappears. And while he knows he's fortunate to still have that option (which is a good one), it's a hell of a long way from what he had planned. And for what? So a bunch of eejits next door can have blue passports.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index