Topic View: Flat | Threaded
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Edited Mar 13, 2019, 20:35
Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Mar 13, 2019, 20:34
Captain Starlet wrote:
Well, that was fun, will wait to see what happens tomorrow. I can't see a no-deal being accepted but then again I never thought leave would win either! I'd say my money's on revoke A50 or people's vote, but bit short of cash at the moment due to losing my job because of brexit!

You have my sympathy. My income is unlikely to be directly affected by Brexit (aside from whatever collective hit the country takes) but two people I know - including one very close friend - have already lost their jobs because of this disaster. And they don't even live in the UK!

The votes today have been intriguing. The rejection of "No Deal" was surprisingly close, but a rejection it was. And we've already had a rejection of literally the only deal the EU will countenance.

You'd imagine that - by default - that amounts to a rejection of brexit entirely. No such luck unfortunately; but if May can't secure an extension it's hard to see how she can do anything other than revoke Article 50 given today's vote. There's no longer time for another referendum or an election.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index