Jesus I despise Brexit.

532 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Oct 21, 2018, 19:51
It is a grim, sad irony that Jeremy Corbyn should be leader of the Labour Party right now.

If it wasn't for brexit, he has the potential to be a very good thing for the UK. I'm actually not a big fan of the man personally, but British politics has shifted rightwards en masse to a terrifying degree during my lifetime. If you guys don't elect someone like Corbyn very soon, you won't have an NHS in a decade. That's just a fact from where I'm sitting. The NHS desperately needs five or ten years of heavy investment just to survive. And only someone "like" Corbyn will do that.

Trouble is... Brexit is such a hugely important thing right now. This two year "Article 50" period will potentially be remembered as being a pivotal time in British politics for the next hundred years. And Corbyn's clear ambivalence on Europe makes him the worst person to have been leader of the opposition during it.

It's such a terrible shame. It's a stretch to lay any of the actual blame for brexit at his feet (as some are wont to do), but in my view Corbyn has unambiguously made a terrible situation even more terrible -- when he had it in his power to do otherwise.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index