532 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Feb 19, 2019, 20:29
nigelswift wrote:
Sorry, didn't mean to imply otherwise. It's just that in interviews people who voted Remain are saying Brexit is a factor and those who voted Brexit are saying it isn't - so they're compounding their mistake by lying about it.

For the town to be devasted yet still have people walking about pretending it's not partly their fault must be a bitter pill for it to swallow.

I know I should walk away now because I really don't want to argue with you Nigel but I'm going to defend Swindon. If as you said earlier 55% voted to Leave it means 45% voted to Remain - and that's not counting the politically disinterested who didn't vote at all. You seem to be implying that all the Honda workers voted Leave which I'm sure wasn't the case.
I have been listening to all the news commentary today (on and off) and it generally conceded although the uncertainty about a 'no deal' Brexit hasn't helped, the Japanese Honda CEO said this morning it was about global trends; moving to electric cars; and manufacturing where the largest markets are i.e. USA, China, and Japan - not Europe. Apparently Honda never really took off in Europe.
Please don't write the people of Swindon off by suggesting they deserve what they got. Quite a substantial percentage of Swindon's working population are EU citizens who would not have been allowed to vote in the referendum.

Now could someone, somewhere please declare peace and stop this awful blame game - its tearing the country apart.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index