Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Feb 20, 2019, 15:34
Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Feb 20, 2019, 09:35
Amil04 wrote:
..a friend of mine told me it was more to do with the fact it was a diesel only plant. Diesel’s gonna be gone by 2022? I’ll have to check this..I can’t see electric’s going to be any better. Nobody questions why people need to drive around so much. Just where is all the traffic going and why? Freight on Rail!

I understand they make both diesel and petrol Civics. Electric cars are in their infancy but they have to be the way forward. Someone I know suggested perhaps they can be built with solar panels in the roof so they will self generate energy - we still have the power of the sun. Amil, you say nobody questions why people need to drive so much ... I do, and always have done in various debates, though understand if you live in a village where bus services have been cut you have to have a car to survive.

I personally don't own a car, use trains, buses, shoes/feet and if there weren't so many cars on the road would cycle a lot more, though freely admit accepting lifts from friends when I want to get to more remote places.

Swindon will recover from loosing Honda, I am sure those workers with engineering skills will find work elsewhere. I understand (though never fully believe anything these days) that the electric Mini will be built in Swindon at the BMW factory which predates Honda in by about thirty years when it was British Leyland.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index