Jesus I despise Brexit.

532 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1126 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Dec 06, 2018, 07:21
I agree that if Corbyn hadn't been elected leader then labour would be firmly remain, the unfortunate point is is that Corbyn is rather anti-EU, remember he was the one saying A50 should be sent immediately on the day after the ref. This has created a huge level of confusion within labour who don't really know which side they're supposed to be representing (Remain or leave). This confusion has cost Labour a large number of potential votes and supporters.

During the last People's Vote march, Corbyn conveniently managed to send himself off to Geneva for a jolly. The post he made on Twitter on the day of the march telling people what he was doing was met with a great number of responses, all of them shunning him for not even being in the country to represent the largest movement in the country since the Iraq march.

Also there's the point that 86% of Labour members support remain, or a People's Vote. Corbyn is also ignoring them with his lack of support, although he promised to do otherwise with regard to members.

All polls online still point to the tories winning a GE, a large reason for this, I personally believe, is labour's lack of direction and support over leaving the EU.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index