grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Mar 12, 2019, 13:43
nigelswift wrote:
EU Medicines Agency
? @EMA_News

"Today we are closing our London offices after almost a quarter of a century. Thank you, London for being such a gracious host!"

(Leaving the road clear for the adoption of US standards).

It's terribly sad for the UK. Even if brexit is cancelled (and I think it still very well may be) it has done damage to UK /EU and UK / Irish relations that will take years to properly heal.

And that process won't even be able to begin until Britain comes to terms with the whole thing internally.

Part of me was glad to see the brexiters will almost certainly vote against May's deal again. Strategically speaking, I think their best move would be to support any deal that formally severs ties with the EU at the end of March, and then work hard to widen the gap from the outside.

Every day that passes is an opportunity for something to happen that will trigger an election or new referendum. I hope I'm not proven wrong, but I really think Rees-Mogg and his cohort of yahoos are missing a trick by not getting the legal separation fully established before trying to chip away at the details.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index