Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Mustard
1043 posts

Re: Mr Carr
Aug 03, 2007, 14:52
slumpystones wrote:
Mustard wrote:
slumpystones wrote:
Robert Carr's main objective seems to be to discredit HA. Subverts a thread, then claims it's all about HA. Classic oldschool trolling.
You might be right for all I know, but having been called a "troll" simply for arguing a sincerely held point of view, I do feel that the term is bandied around rather loosely on this forum.

It indeed has been in the past. But in this case the cap fits, even if [as I suspect] the troll in question is unaware of the headgear he is wearing.

Take a look at every post by said chap, and try to find anything constructive, let alone any hint of an interest in the actual subject. The thread could be about anything at all, the price of bread for instance, and he'd still be twisting and turning, gnashing teeth and trying to make the discussion revolve around himself.

Of course, that's what I'm supposed to be doing.
Do you lot have any bloody idea what you sound like? It doesn't matter whether Mr Carr is a troll or not. If that's your genuine suspicion, you'd do far better by just rising above it. As it stands, you're coming across as nasty and vitriolic. Posts of this tone will achieve nothing other than to discourage genuine members from contributing. This forum has never looked cliquier. If Mr Carr is a troll, you're playing into his hands by painting yourselves in a very unpleasant light.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index