This topic is locked

669 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Re: I'd take the Fifth....
Jun 19, 2007, 22:47
Thanks once again for your input ascorbic.

At the risk of repeating myself (and others) it really is not much of an excuse, is it, that English Heritage are unable to provide up-to-date progress reports on their work at Silbury. To say that those, "...living either on site or are put up in accommodation nearby..." are, "somewhat "unwired"..." is really not good enough. As Pilgrim has pointed out elsewhere, "Wireless internet anyone?" And if that is not possible, Silbury, Devizes, Marlborough or Swindon are just a short drive away where an internet connection can easily be established.

No, sorry, it just doesn't wash. English Heritage are guilty of appalling mismanagement and disinformation on they're activities at Silbury. They have failed to provide detailed progress reports to the public, via their website (which most people rely on for information) while five or six weeks into their 'conservation' project at Silbury they still haven't posted a single question or answer on their Ask the Experts thread - I think that speaks for itself.

As for English Heritage's idea of a time capsule in Silbury... are we really paying taxes and the salaries of those responsible for this nonsense?

Once again, please don't take this as a criticism of your contribution here (which really is appreciated) but of growing anger and frustration towards those who claim to be the custodians of our heritage and are failing us miserably in that trust.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index