This topic is locked

669 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
slumpystones
769 posts

Re: Silbury updates
Jun 27, 2007, 12:44
ascorbic wrote:
This is what frustrates me - the talk on here seems to be based on a premise that somehow "we" are the ones that care about the hill, and that EH are on the "other side" and that the archs there have some kind of agenda and want to hide stuff from the public. This is simply untrue. We are all on the same side! TMA forum members do not have a monopoly on interest in the hill. The EH (and Skanska) workers are not cynical philistines out to do god knows what to the hill for their own unspecified ulterior motives.

I think it's more a case of EH being, essentially, a government agency, and the natural mistrust of politicians. What maybe has not been made is the division between those on the ground doing the work, and those in offices taking the credit and being paid vast sums to organise the project. When the project fails to satisfy it's easy to attack the organisation as a whole rather than those within it that are failing to deliver. The reports and updates are surely not the responsibility of a guy who has worked a six-day week and slept in a portacabin? Condensing the reports, accumulating images and compiling the updates must be the job of a guy in a suit somewhere, and they are the guys that deserve any criticism.

PS if anyone wants a picture of a tyre, email me, my van's just outside.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index