Silbury Hill »
Silbury updates
This topic is locked

669 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Pilgrim
Pilgrim
597 posts

Re: (OT) Antlers, and the pieces thereof......
Jul 01, 2007, 11:55
rammie wrote:
I'm fairly sure I'm not in favour of the TC but when I wonder why I discover its just an emotional response, lol! I guess in the scheme of things its not a terribly destructive thing to do. So then I wonder who is history for and why does it matter?

Agreed. My issue is with precedent, and the fact that these things are never in the ground for ever; for some reason, they get dug up quite soon after. The only way they will stop that, is to bury it deep, I think, and broadcast the fact to all and sundry. It's just a no-brainer, in my opinion I'm afraid.

rammie wrote:
Well I wonder these things when not watching the England wickets tumble....

Ah. Cricket. It's all America's Cup over here; and that's not going too well (getting beaten by a landlocked country isn't a good feeling, apparently). To make matters worse, The AB's have just been beaten by the Aussies, and a day of mourning is in the offing.

rammie wrote:
don't mean to be facetious (can't even spell it!), just will be happy for 'Silbury the monument' to be whole again.

Oh yes. I'm with you all the way there, rammie. All the way. As long as it doesn't involve overburdening the workers, of course.

Peace

Pilgrim

X
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index