This topic is locked

669 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

English Heritage - The true side
Jun 30, 2007, 09:30
Yer, a man after my own heart slummy, and while I agree with you and Nigel on what you've both said I'd also like to add the following -

Although I have the greatest sympathy with those onsite at Silbury who are doing the hard graft and then (it seems) being required to do extra duties like the updates, I can't help asking why are they doing it? They can say, "No, it's not my job" and refuse to do anything other than what they're contracted to do.

This doing more than we should is actually rotting away the fabric of our society; the same thing can be seen in the teaching and nursing professions. I have a teacher friend who doesn't get to bed until two or three every morning because she's preparing schoolwork for the coming day. When asked why she does it she replies that if she didn't the children would suffer. While her dedication to her profession is commendable the system she works for stinks, and your, 'people with pensions to protect and those who believe one thing but say something else because it's either party politically correct or could damage their careers continue to profit from other people's dedication and hard work.

It really is time to say no, it's not my job.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index