Silbury updates
This topic is locked

669 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Toxic Delerium
17 posts

Re: Silbury updates
Jul 02, 2007, 08:36
I would like to make a few things clear if I may with regard to recent postings. Please read what I have to say.
The Time Capsule is not intended to commemorate the school or its pupils. The children were asked to discuss objects to be placed in it that they thought appropriate to give future generations an insight into life today; not school life, but life in 2007. The school or the village of Avebury have NO influence on English Heritage and anyone who thinks otherwise is being stupid.As the school is right in the middle of this particular World Heritage site it probably seemed appropriate to include the youth of the village in what is an exciting project.
Silbury Hill is being restored in the hope of ensuring it lasts another 4000 years. Ok it may not be being done to everyones exact specifications or standards but it is a positive move and done with the best of intentions.
If you want to "save" somewhere from total destruction do something about Tara before the Irish government bulldoze it and it vanishes forever.
My husband got worked up and at times quite rude yesterday with some of his postings, and yes his reactions were emotional.He did what he thought was right, he stood up loudly and proudly in support of his family.
We all have an opinion; something we feel passionately about but some of you on here make it so hard for others of us to want to post. I came on to share with you what was for me a wonderful day. I thought you may have understood my passion and enthusiasm, but no I was wrong. Because your opinions differ from mine all I felt was hostility. Not one person said " glad that you enjoyed the experience.......however ....."
You may think your attitudes are tolerant to others but they really aren't; anyone who dares say something slightly out of tune with the "big" posters is jumped on straight away. Please listen . I can feel the tuts of disagreement from you already.You may not mean to be hostile, aloof, or dismisive of others but you are. Unless you post on here 24/7 you are made to feel like an outsider whose opinion is neiter wanted, needed or valued.
This is not here to cause offence; merely to point out that perhaps we should all take stock and yes, remmember what is important here.............everyone's opinion; and regardless of what it is we should all respect that.

Scousemaiden xxx
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index