Silbury updates
This topic is locked

669 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Silbury updates
Jun 15, 2007, 08:19
"Bottom line is this: English Heritage set up an Ask the Experts page weeks ago. They have failed to publish a single answer to a single question on that page. Everything that's been said here and elsewhere to defend English Heritage's appalling lack of information on its activities at Silbury is whitewash. Full stop."

I think I'd have to agree, Chuckles.

And add to it:

Not disappointing the kids was the predicted defence and doesn't appear in any conservation manual I know of.

I really like kids and hope the disappointment caused by going back on an unwise promise can be ameliorated by placing their capsule elsewhere - or even by displaying their work for a while at the Silbury carpark noticeboard, together with comments by adults. That would be true "public participation" wouldn't it?

In addition, I suggest EH should buy them all a lollypop by way of apology. At their age that would have more than satisfied me.

As for the blokes being overworked, I know that's true and sympathise.
What I don't sympathise with is that the burden of answering questions should have been stuck on them and why they should be answering ANY policy questions when there are others better placed to do so. I have heard nowt back from the project team. Is it not reasonable to assume that after 7 years of planning adequate provision for informing the public was in place?
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index