This topic is locked

669 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
slumpystones
769 posts

Re: Silbury updates
Jul 02, 2007, 11:35
Toxic Delerium wrote:
The school or the village of Avebury have NO influence on English Heritage and anyone who thinks otherwise is being stupid.

Stupid? Misled maybe, but not stupid.

Toxic Delerium wrote:
My husband got worked up and at times quite rude yesterday with some of his postings, and yes his reactions were emotional.He did what he thought was right, he stood up loudly and proudly in support of his family.

No need to defend the family when the family was not being attacked. The whole argument is directed at EH's decision to put this thing inside Silbury.

Toxic Delerium wrote:
This is not here to cause offence

Calling people stupid is not a good start!

Toxic Delerium wrote:
remember what is important here.............everyone's opinion; and regardless of what it is we should all respect that.

Scousemaiden xxx

I totally agree. However, there is obvious bias here, with the parents not wanting their children to be disappointed on one hand, and others who are only concerned with protecting the integrity of the hill.

The main concern, I think, is that this sets a dangerous precedent, one that EH will have to deal with in the future when other groups insist on putting their own version of a TC inside somewhere else. Passions do run high, especially when EH's reply to "What on Earth do you think you're doing?" is media spin, deflecting the real argument elsewhere and not explaining their basis for this decision.

As I've said before, Time Capsules have their place, and inside Silbury Hill is not it.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index