The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Stonehenge Solstice: is there a risk?

102 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Edited Jul 20, 2010, 19:54
Re: Stonehenge Solstice: is there a risk?
Jul 20, 2010, 18:21
Mustard wrote:
Littlestone wrote:
Nigel, are you capable of having a discussion without turning it into a personal and vitriolic argument? Please?

Just out of interest, what was your reaction when you saw that photo? I'm curious because you replied to Nigel with the above but without comment on his post or the photo. Seems to me both are worthy of a measured reply.

I'm not commenting on his post because he's failed to address me civilly. The photo doesn't raise much of a reaction - I've seen similar many times before.

Mustard wrote:
I'm not commenting on his post because he's failed to address me civilly. The photo doesn't raise much of a reaction - I've seen similar many times before.

I must be missing something. Nigel's replies to you seem perfectly civil to me - in fact, imho, he's been the paragon of patience towards you (as have others). It is you, Mustard, who seem to read into other people's posts a, 'belligerently misrepresenting, incivility, inflammatory, prejudiced, childish, sarcasm, a zealous tone or a shitty attitude (all words and expressions you have used on this and the Grrr... thread when addressing others).

Perhaps, Mustard, it is you who is being belligerent (under a cloak of reasoned respectability) and who needs to take a long, hard look at the image you are projecting of yourself on these pages. Other than locking the thread (which I do not want to do because, in the main, it has attracted a lot of valuable contributions) I would ask you to refrain from using expressions such as those listed above.

Thank you.

As for the photo in question, if it doesn't 'raise much of a reaction' in you I wonder if you are, actually, on a board with interests that you can both share and relate to.

We'll see...
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index