Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Stonehenge Solstice: is there a risk?

102 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
moss
moss
2897 posts

Re: Stonehenge Solstice: is there a risk?
Jul 01, 2010, 07:11
" Every year we get the hand-outs telling us not to, and every year they're up there again. I suppose the only way to do it is to have a succession of 'performers', including the druids, etc., in the circle, and the public outside it. Maybe this was how it was originally... with Joe Public standing around the henge bank? (I'd like a closer view than that though!) "

Hi Angie, thats my idea as well, put the 'audience' outside the circle and the 'actors' inside, it becomes more of an event and a celebration. Stonehenge is mysterious and dramatic at night, lights and music can add to the drama, it would probably have been similar in the Bronze Age as well. It seems to me that we have several types of people who want to be part of the stones, Pagans and secularists with many subsets within the two groups, its an amicable mix at the moment.. Also believe that we should honour the need of pagans to 'belong' to the stones without having some argument over rights. Stonehenge has a 'history' of being used by the new Druids, the myth was invented sometime ago, belief systems have been invoked and we should let it be..............
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index