Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Re: Tidying up offerings
Jun 04, 2010, 14:48
Paulus wrote:
BuckyE wrote:
Oh gosh, you Brits make me laugh. The obvious solution to this is simple. Stop being so mamby pamby about "ownership" of these sites. Condemn them through eminent domain, with a good payment to the owners. Fence them off and charge money to visit.

Charge extra for the privilege of leaving an offering at a designated part of the site. Make it clear that such will be cleaned out in 24 or 48 hours, and disposed of reverently. Ahem.

Use the fees gathered to help maintain the site and the salaries of the semi-volunteer staff. Look at what's being done in Sardinia, much of it on a volunteer basis. That's the way to go.

And yep, it'll be "unnatural." Just like when the things were built by a bunch of people who were desperate to fight and control "Nature." You want to see natural? Go to the Paleolithic caves in the Vezere valley. Now those people were into Nature with a capital En.

So stop worrying and get cracking. Take back these sites and return them to their original purpose: enriching the community.

Your American friend,

Bucky Edgett

Oh don't worry Bucky - (& please don't take this personally, as I don't mean it in that way at all)

Those american ideals are coming, and will be applied over here, as day follows night. They're not wanted - they're not needed - but we know the ignorance underlying the american ways will infect everywhere in its dangerous notions of land ownership and privatization. Some of us saw it coming decades ago, jesting about the stupidity of it all and the egos who will rise and make demands, alleging druidism, heritage reactions and other pagan falsehoods to give them the credo to have their own site. And it's happening. Don't worry.

To those who think it aint gonna happen, take off the blindfolds.

The american dream will not stop until it has disneyfied the world to its most shallow denominator, and cut the deep heart and soul of Earth's people who aint been turned onto the one true religion: Capitalism.

I cannot and will not add to that. Exactly.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index