Tidying up offerings

304 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Resonox
604 posts

Re: Tidying up offerings
Jun 02, 2010, 05:28
revnox wrote:

However drawing a line under all that...there are (as I stated before) a large number of ongoing traditions (however reinterpreted and transformed as the harvest festival was and is) such as death and birth rites, other rites associated with the seasons.......I am sure every reader will be conversant with such obvious parallels and their historic provenance in all cultures.

I'm not conversant with any and would really appreciate which ones are meant....because it would only be guesswork on my behalf.
We are talking about this country though...and I think, through reading your reply(feel free to correct me though)..that you are agreeing with me that the harvest festival might indeed be one of the oldest ongoing traditions, like I say..the others which spring to(my) mind would only be speculation.You could always start a new thread listing "The Oldest Ongoing UK Traditions"....I can think of 5 possibles...but it'd be interesting to see your list first so I can compare and contrast...and also to see what other readers think are suitable candidates for inclusion
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index