Tidying up offerings

304 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Resonox
604 posts

Re: Tidying up offerings
Jun 01, 2010, 05:37
revnox wrote:
sorry if i was rude, funny we don't always realise how things may be read in the absence of facial expression and tone etc.
All that said, I still feel that individuals expression of devotion, love, gratitude etc are as valid (if not more so) than disdain, anger dismissal and hatred. One lifts us up, however little and the other divides us.
If there is no damage to the site nor it's environment then we should like compassionate adults put aside our personal likes and dislikes and live and let live.

But surely this would've applied to the "pillocks with metal detectors" you pilloried with, IMO a great deal of disdain if not hatred on another topic, admittedly you recanted your rant about them as you checked and found they hadn't damaged the site(yet)where ever it is...but like I said they may come back...(and by doing nothing ..you will be party to the site being desecrated)
However your freedom of expression(ie to commune with nature)was destroyed because you were forced to leave. Their methods according to your narrative were highly intimidating and you were there to witness their facial expressions etc after all....
Reading your statement here, I now "assume" that if they ever returned in your presence and disrupted your communing session you wouldn't "leave with a bitter taste in your mouth", but rather allow them free rein to express their love of treasure hunting and stealing of historic artefacts by encouraging them? Please assure me my assumption is wrong by saying you would actively deter these thieves from not only stealing any ancient finds(at least inform the appropriate authority), but also from stealing your freedom of expression and right to be there, because your meditative communing with nature at these sites rather than leave any physical proof or testament is what most posters on this thread are trying to encourage.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index