Trespass on SSSI sites

380 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
moss
moss
2897 posts

Re: surprise
Sep 06, 2012, 09:04
"It's not just "us" that read this forum you know. This information's sitting out there for anyone to read. People may read this and think "well the geeks on the modern antiquarian think it's ok" encouraging them to do it as well."

Hey Rhiannon I was just addressing a point, one point, that I feel strongly about, I will not, I repeat not be bulldozed into views or statements because it is the right thing to do according to one side of the discussion! Silbury has the backing of the National Trust, English Heritage and presumably Lord Avebury who owns it.

You imply that TMA is the 'spokesman' for one part of heritage, namely prehistory, maybe so maybe not, like the statistics I quoted that is in the field of speculation and subjective to boot.

But strangely enough though I may be protective of heritage sites, I realise that complete protection is impossible, I entrust the care of monuments to the bodies that are meant to look after them, I will not 'nag' on principle, though I respect the people who do.

Do I believe this discussion has gone any further to enlightening the public sadly no, I think it is mostly 'sad geeks' (sorry everyone) that read TMA the public is in the minority, but I refuse to be brainwashed into having to say things I don't really believe are possible....

ps. I also know that certain points I've made will be pulled apart in an effort to justify some sort of reprisal for my views, let it be known that I am not very good at arguing ;)

Moss X
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index