Silbury Hill »
Trespass on SSSI sites

380 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rhiannon
5290 posts

Re: piffle
Sep 05, 2012, 13:04
I honestly thought you were joking? If you can't tell that it's a ten foot high NO then what on earth have we been discussing here? How could you think the following said yes?
(or are you just winding me up?)

If you want extracts from my immensely long post then here they are-

"If that means the general public can't wander around Skara Brae, Stonehenge, Silbury, then that's how it is. And we are the general public. Even though some of us might like to think we're extra special and the rules don't apply to us.

OF COURSE I'd like to sit in Skara Brae, who bloody wouldn't? But it's irrelevant, because the rule is no one is allowed to do that.

The question is, am I more special than everyone else, do I have some special right to bend the rules that apply to everyone else for the good of the site? What's more important in the long run, the welfare of the site or me satisfying my impulse?

The people looking after Silbury, Skara Brae, Stonehenge, you'd like to think they are people who have the sites' protection at heart, and they're experienced / educated people who have been hired for their expertise. So if they decide we shouldn't trample all over Silbury etc, in this case I'm willing to believe that it's quite a good decision)"
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index