162 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Unexplained uneasy feeling
Jul 09, 2011, 06:29
tjj wrote:
Roy, have just read your post about Jersey. As always, you write really well, I was wondering if you were planning a book on the passage graves of the Channel Isles. I've had a quick look at your excellent link - have bookmarked it and will spend some time browsing. No, I've never visited Jersey or any of the other Channel Isles - hope I manage to get around to it one day.

atb
June

Hi June, thanks for those kind comments. Books on the the megaliths of the Channel Islands are many and in the main written by people far more experienced and knowledgeable than I am being a complete amateur. On saying that, I have been researching and writing down about La Hougue Bie for years because it is THE iconic site of Jersey and is far more than just a burial chamber I believe. It served a far greater purpose and its location and build is of the utmost importance as is what lies around it which never seems to have been taken into account before. La Hougue Bie should be on every stoneheads list of sites to see before you die!
Roy
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index