The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Unexplained uneasy feeling

162 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Re: Unexplained uneasy feeling
Jul 06, 2011, 15:46
I've been reading a book recently, and it talks about invisible, unhearable, unsmellable, untouchable vibrations that travel through the air. And they don't even have to have air to travel through, they can even travel through Space. That's pretty weird in itself. And these vibrations, when they hit a conducting object - like a bit of metal (any bit of metal that is, a drain cover, a car, a pair of scissors, whatever, maybe even you because you're a teeny bit conductive yourself) they set up a tiny voltage in that object, vibrating at the same rate as the wave (I think. As I understand it anyway). That's happening all the time to all the stuff round you right now.

Of course, if the object's a radio reciever then you can turn that tiny voltage into some music or whatever, I'm talking about radio waves.

I'm not saying everything Woo is real. But it's true to say that lots of things we Do understand scientifically are pretty peculiar when you think about them, and 'ordinary' things aren't necessarily things that are intuitively graspable without a bit of scientific underthought. I literally had no idea how a radio worked before the other day (and yes I'm still a bit hazy without my book, it's true).

So if you have a weird feeling at a site, I mean you're definitely having it aren't you, people aren't disputing that. Though where that emanates from, that's a rather tricky question. Often it could be to do with weather or pre=existing mood or too many cheese biscuits even. But sometimes, sometimes couldn't it be you picking up on something we don't properly understand? You never know do you. We don't know everything yet.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index