Unexplained uneasy feeling

162 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
moss
moss
2897 posts

Re: Unexplained uneasy feeling
Jul 05, 2011, 16:02
Ghosts.. Do they exist? well people have told me they have seen them. Up on Lansdown, there is a lot of history, bronze age cemetery, iron age fort, roman coffins and the site of the Civil War battle, the battlefields stretches across the edge of the downs overlooking the Bristol Plain.
Moss and I maybe have seen a ghost up here.. we were walking early morning up along the track (about 6) in the fog, a dark figure started to appear coming towards us, Moss went completely hysterical and my heart pounded as well, out of the fog came a figure completely fitted out in a Scottish outfit, even to a funny 'cockaded' hat he passed and just said good morning, and that was it; was it a ghost I don't know... but someone who had the 'eye' for such things saw a wounded Civil War soldier making for Bath along that same bit of track..
Further down the road at Dyrham, (Rhiannon will know where I'm talking about) around the walled lane at the back, a friend on a motorbike at night, saw a man strangely dressed in 19th century clothes with gartered legs and a bag walking along the lane, when he turned the motorbike round (out of curiosity) the man had disappeared...
The puzzle is why don't we see prehistoric ghosts ;)

Moss had a similar experience at Stoney Littleton barrow, refused to go in, and howled outside piteously but then decided that death with me inside the barrow was better than being left alone and eventually came in and settled down.....
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index