162 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Unexplained uneasy feeling
Jul 03, 2011, 21:16
tjj wrote:
Your story is a very descriptive piece of writing Roy - it drew me in and made made the hair prickle on my arms.

There has been discussion on this subject before and I think the consensus was that we often project our own 'stuff' onto sites when we visit - though it doesn't sound as as if this is what happened to you, which does feel like the paranormal.

The barrow-cat sounds like a feral animal that was either sick or hungry.

I don't have vivid imaginations of the supernatural, if I did then I would have experienced that at all the other sites I have visited over the years. This was a one-off on a normal day when I was taking my dogs at the time for a walk and I had absolutely no reason to feel uneasy...but I was!. All my life I have had a dog with me on site visits and this was no different...except for the outcome which has never been repeated.
As I've often said before, until recently I've only ever researched alone so that I can concentrate and not be distracted. I don't allow my mind do wander on to other things while I am studying. What happened that day was something real but beyond by comprehension .
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index