Edited Jul 05, 2011, 18:25
Re: Unexplained uneasy feeling
Jul 05, 2011, 18:06
Sanctuary wrote:
wideford wrote:
Littlestone wrote:
Ach! Great story Roy...

the truth often is, confounding the everyday

One of my oldest friends, a guy by the name of John Postans who has sadly passed on now, was a lifelong member of the Ghost Club.
It all started for him when there was a knock on the front door of the terrace house he lived in as a child. He opened the door to find a guy in an RAF uniform stood there who asked if he could speak to his mother. John said she was in the kitchen so the guy came in and walked through the lounge then through into the kitchen. John was immediately behind him but when he got into the kitchen the only person there was his mother!

He said to me one day that he had learned two things whilst being a member of the GC...the first being that his experience was shared by many others and the second, that there we a lot of people who should be locked up about!!

Very well said. I've posted before, with a degree of trepidation about my own experiences, and of a similar type they are very common when you research into it. The normality of these experiences in context, and the 'sanity' of MOST people who have these experiences is very intriguing indeed. There is a level of reality that we do not understand, and simple talk of psychological/hallucination etc is deliberate self seving and dismissive bad science. A bit like The RC Church of old when encountering things that rattle its foundations ie. planetary motion etc that is beyond its comprehension at the given time, beyond the learned accepted framework, (asses on the line), and the asinine ill-educated outbursts of Dawkins types, whose knowledge of what they attack is juvenile re. an intellectual or scholarly knowledge of spirituality/religious/mystical concepts. Fish in barrels, every time. Reader Digest/ Daily Mail in concept and style. Same as the Old Boss. Highly lucrative, and they can make a hell of a lot of money with their private Universities, these luminary science gurus!

:-)
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index