drewbhoy
2555 posts

Edited Jul 07, 2011, 14:40
Re: Unexplained uneasy feeling
Jul 07, 2011, 14:34
The Sea Cat wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
Resonox wrote:
Strange how only some people get this eerie feeling and refuse to enter into sites....whilst their companions carry on undaunted...I still think its a learned response instead of an actual sense...or perhaps a claustrophobic reaction as someone pointed out. I know several people who wouldn't enter into a ring of stones if there were horses there(even 1 horse)....and certainly a lot more if there was an abundance of spiders. Perhaps the mere thought of something like birds, spiders or rats in an enclosed monument, would be enough for some even though none were evident.

With my experience Resonox it involved two dogs which didn't appear to be affected by anything until reaching the end of the path where the two standing stones were, unlike myself that felt uneasy soon after entering the trackway. So, taking your line of thought, my 'learned response' occured before theirs which is interesting in itself don't you think?

A very old property that I lived in as a child in Wicklow, Ireland had numerous instances of unexplained phenomena including apparitions. There was actually an ancient burial chamber within the grounds. We had a number of dogs who reacted in an unsettled and distressed manner, bristling and growing etc at locations/ 'spots' around the property, and just before certain occurrences, as if detecting some presence that we couldn't.This began on the day we moved in and hadn't yet personally noticed or witnessed anything unusual ourselves whatsoever.

As you know I had a very similar event at a place near Methlick. I felt it then unbelievably I saw it as did two other sets of eyes. But I'll post the results on TMA after Mr Mann's visit. Lady Aberdeen has been informed and backs proceedings. SC, I'll send you more pics of what we find. But my eyes are open and seeing is believing.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index