Our Sacred Land

364 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
StoneGloves
StoneGloves
1149 posts

Re: Our Sacred Land
Sep 07, 2011, 13:39
"Ok my opinions are that too much immigration from WHERE EVER is a bad thing and I feel this is obvious to anyone looking dispassionately and without immovable views based on ideology. Surely TOO MUCH of anything is a bad thing?"

Everybody's racist, it seems to a greater or lesser degree. And this discussion is also taking place on other bulletin boards - I'm following the one on the farmers' board. Makes this look like the model of restraint.

Politically-correct teachers? Better than the ones with canes surely? It seems as though a measure of how full a country is could be made based on the ability of that country to feed itself. If the UK imports half of its food (in gross terms) then we could be said to be overful by a ratio of 2 to 1, and an ideal population would be in the 35 million region. Anyone fancy seeding that concept somewhere noticeable?

The thing about teachers being predominantly left wing is probably that that trait is associated with social awareness, or responsibility. The children that fail at school have failed, effectively, before they even get to school. Propped up on a settee with a bottle of sweet tea and shouted at if they start to move. (Back to arguing about bees and organic honey) ...
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index