155 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Re: barack's nuts
Jul 27, 2008, 03:28
tinky10675 wrote:
I find it FAR more logical and COST effective for the 13% to learn ENGLISH then to teach 87% to learn Spanish or maybe thats CRAZY talk on my part? Either way we will see what happens when this is all over but really the U.S is most likely going to be worse off no matter who wins this election.Good luck to both of them and to us all.

I should have added that a large majority of Spanish speaking Americans also speak English. Yes, a lot of immigrants (illegal or otherwise) do not learn English when they first arrive, mostly because they live with other Hispanics and work with other Hispanics. But this is true of most immigrated communities.

The point I was trying to make was that the minorities of America (of which Hispanic is the largest) are doing more to adapt to the lifestyle of the general population than vice versa. Learning Spanish is not that difficult, nor is it that costly. I'm willing to bet that a lot of kids are taking an interest in Spanish from watching Dora the Explorer.

America is not a melting pot, it is a huge multicultural landscape, and should be embraced as such.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index