155 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: barack's nuts
Jul 13, 2008, 19:04
tinky10675 wrote:
You know what...Im out of this discussion.Do you not remember waiting to buy gas on odd or even days depending on your license plate? Smog Alerts in California? Some of the most Naive global politics the world has ever seen? Allowing our people to be held hostage for 444 days? Yeah man I want a possibility of repeating that high point in Americas past.(not) Dave I don't know your age or where you are in America but seriously dude look at your facts. Im done with politics on here this is a music web site anyways....

I'm in New England, I'm 46. I was living in W. Germany during the Carter years, so I don't remember gas rationing, no. So fucking what, tho? We are experiencing de facto gas rationing right now, based on the rising prices. Bush's policies have helped create a situation where the gas exporters are raking it in hand over fist, including Iran. Yep, our thirty year period of denial over the impending oil bust has strengthened the hand of terrorist supporting regimes and fundamentalism in the middle east. If anyone seriously thinks US national security has been improved under Bush's 'tough' leadership (which is what you seem to admire) they haven't been looking at the big picture.

I do know that a lot of people think that those 444 days were the most humiliating in US history. Big fucking deal, compared to the shame we carry now for illegally invading Iraq and causing massive suffering so the oil companies can move in and take possession of their oil fields. Again, your precepts for good leadership are inordinately focused on being the biggest kid on the block, not the smartest.
There's a lot of Americans who will sell out to protect their bloated comfort zone at any (and by that I mean someone else's) expense. I think you project that attitude when you propose voting in a guy who makes no secret of his sympathy for the use of force to keep America overindulged.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index