barack's nuts

155 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: barack's nuts
Jul 15, 2008, 11:45
Tinky, I'm with you that the blame for mess under Obama can't squarely be put on Bush. An Obama administration would avoid making many responsible choices (the two that get me most are climate non-solutions like bioethanol and 'clean coal'). By the same token, the blame for Bush's actions lie not just with him or even his cabal, but with the vested interests that put them in office and keep them there.

Almost all of them will be in the same positions of power; the Big Fossil guys who pull the Bush strings will also pull McCain's or Obama's.

If the US public hates paying what it thinks are high prices for gasoline and US corporations hate to relinquish their power, the only route is to keep gas prices as low as possible for as long as possible. That means controlling the global oil supply to as great a degree as possible, which means staying in Iraq and finding a way to puppet Iran (presumably the Iraq model being a solution of last resort).

However, there is surely a difference between an avowedly pro-war anti-abortionist and a more reluctant pro-choice candidate.

Whilst there are few differences between them - they're both cheerleaders for American global domination, obscene overconsumption, wilful unsustainability and rampant freemarket capitalism - there are still people, places and possibly whole species whose welfare lives in the gap between the two.

While you're here Tinky, would you mind answering the questions I put to you earlier in this thread?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index