155 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: barack's nuts
Jul 18, 2008, 17:26
tinky10675 wrote:
Im done with politics on here this is a music web site anyways....

I loved that one, a broadside of political points with no explanation as to their relevance, then saying that we shouldn't talk politics here anyway. On a forum whose remit is 'politics, righteous talk and direct action'.

I hear what PMM says about shooing people away who don't agree with the general consensus here, but I don't think that's what happened in Tinky's case. Thinking differently is no excuse for large amounts of abuse, nor for ignoring the counterpoints to what you've said.

Also, i'm not so sure how much we have a cohesive single viewpoint here anyway.

We all disagree with each other over some things, but if we do it with explanation then we hold our own.

More importantly, if we all approach it like that then we're going to either change minds or have ours changed. We all have some ideas that we need to be disabused of, and debating with informed concerned people who disagree with us is a fast way of getting it done. Good, let's clear the junk ideas and spread the good ones.

That's why I plug away with direct but polite responses and repeat until answered; it makes it clear that they have no answer. It also, a bit later, makes them fuck off if they won't admit they have no answers and keep trying to hoodwink us with crooked postings.

Tinky goes the way of Margaret Thatcher, it seems.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index