Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Edited Jul 13, 2008, 23:54
Re: barack's nuts
Jul 13, 2008, 23:46
tinky10675 wrote:
you're just as guilty of living the American Dream

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you have comparitive figures for your and Dave's consumption, so you simply can't make that claim.

But more to the point, let's say that Dave spends all day driving round in 5 Hummers strapped together; it doesn't make a blind bit of difference to the moral worth of your life. There are serial killers out there, so is it OK if I go out and mug a few people?

tinky10675 wrote:
if you are so discontent I think i've already explained to you how an airport works in a previous posting.

So if someone doesn't like the way their country presently works they should leave? Might it not be a good idea to change what's wrong?

All those anti-war activists, hell all those Green party people you say you approve of, why don't they just go somewhere that likes their ideas?

From what you've said so far, you seem to have no qualm with typical American overconsumption, and appear to equate any scaling back of it with moving to a Third World country.

Answer me these; do you think that everyone has an equal right to the world's resources?

Is it wrong that some people should vastly overconsume luxury even though it takes the essentials of life away from a great many more?

If you don't answer an instant straight yes to both of those, can you please explain what you mean when you say you are Green?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index