155 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Edited Jul 13, 2008, 09:20
Re: barack's nuts
Jul 13, 2008, 06:41
People are calling Obama on policy, because he seems to be moving swiftly rightwards on many issues (of which FISA is just the latest)

And some people are saying there's little to choose between the two mainstream parties.

Trouble is, poeple seem to have a football fan mentality to politics. In my city (sort of) the Liverpool fans hate Everton and the Everton fans hate Liverpool. Yet they're both virtually identical to someone from Birmingham or London. The distinctions are irrelevent. Yet you can get your face smashed in for wearing the wrong colour. I feel it too. I want Liverpool to win the premiership, even though I don't suport them. I just don't want those fuckers from Chelsea to win. Utterly irrelevent, of course. Both big businesses. I don't feel the same attachment to my bank. I don't need to say Lloyds TSB are great but Barclays are rubbish.

And so it is with politics. It's meant to be that way too. They pull the same emotional strings quite deliberately.

In 4 or 8 years time, millions of Americans will vote Republican because they feel let down and betrayed by the Democrats. In 8 or 12 or 16 years time they will vote Democrat for the same reason. And so the great wheel rolls on...

Anyway, the Klan reference was cheap. I'm not surprised tinky was angered by it. I wonder if you'll be big enough to apologise.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index