155 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: barack's nuts
Jul 16, 2008, 14:09
Thanks, Merrick.

Ya know, I don't think white european industry is all bad. I tend to gravitate towards the belief that us big brained apes are all part of a great big natural system that seeks to know itself. Our current precariousness may be a prelude to a metamorphosis. Crude 19th century tech had to happen in order for 21st century clean tech to arise.

The only way out of all this is forward, but not forward the way a certain now notorious demographic would have it. Advances in microelectronics, materials, satellites, communications, etc. and the corresponding ubiquity of these powerful tools mean a more connected world that can make better use of their own resources, with more efficiency.

I really do believe that science isn't an aberration that imperils the planet, ultimately. It's been misused in its adolescence, but the knowledge we're amassing will be just as useful in the saving of our world as it has been in the destruction of it. But the human race clearly is due for big growing pains. I just hope it's recognized as a wake up call for us all to grow up and not another apocalyptic excuse to go on a tear.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index