Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Prehistoric stone row - or collapsed modern wall?

117 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
StoneLifter
StoneLifter
1594 posts

Re: a whinger writes
Mar 15, 2005, 08:37
Yes, all that is true and you can go to many places that have recently been converted to Christianity and find the old animist rituals being continued. Look in Mexico, for instance, or Peru. But nobody has taken any photographs of these hills by moonlight.

The moon is going into a far northern setting position but the probability is of continuous cloud cover for the next day or so. I've written to the nobelate - not burned him the CD yet but - asked him to write an article for the local history newsletter about a notorious motorbike shop that he grew up near and have also written to Stan sending him a bit of preserved Neolithic rootstock, in the shape of a catapult, with clearly sliced-by-a-tool base. I said 'can you hold it this way and wave it at Aron'. There's an article about ancient forest clearance on the New Scientist website.

Google's come back to my website - the crap stone rows article (^) is being nibbled - and I wonder if there would be a market for this ancient wood. It makes great kindling and I seem to have an exposed bed of it. If I take any more it becomes 'peat extraction'.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index