Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Prehistoric stone row - or collapsed modern wall?

117 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: A modern quotation ...
Mar 11, 2005, 15:56
Stonelifter, I also don't want to get into an argument about crop circles but would like to put a couple of things forward as "evidence" for you to balance against your own feelings -

1.) You criticise people for being armchair critics of your rows, which is fair enough, yet without having seen any crop circles you pour scorn on the opinion of those who have seen them, which doesn't seem fair enough to me.

2.) My experience, on the basis of my visits to crop circles, is that close up they are totally mundane and show nothing that wouldn't have a simple and human explanation.

3.) I personally, having seen a lot of aerial pictures, have never seen a crop circle I couldn't reproduce on paper with a pencil tied to a string. That includes the one you pointed to.

4.) I've stood amongst "croppies" at a "croppy" pub near Avebury. Predominantly, they seemed to be North American teenagers, over specially. They were deeply impressed by a picture of a straw plasma ball or somesuch from the centre of a local circle. To this cynical old bloke it looked to be a field mouse's nest. Had I said so, they'd have disbelieved me, I'm sure. Such is the nature of the phenomenon.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index