Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Prehistoric stone row - or collapsed modern wall?

117 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: A modern quotation ...
Mar 10, 2005, 07:09
>> I also know that there is not a single person on eart that can envisage
>> the design of this crop circle

So you obviously don't know me or any other mathematician (or even someone with a Spirograph!) The crop circle on that book cover is a very poor, very cut down verion of this:

http://www.geocities.com/rerewhakaaitu/Moonlight_Spiral.jpg

Fractals my dear Watson! All the creators had to do was break down the formula for centering the next circle (quite a simple one) and measure it out. All you need is a bit of string and a compass. If Nature/a-super-intellegent-being-from-outer-space had created the crop circle it would have looked like that. As it was the team of blokes who did do it couldn't manage the full effect of Nature's own choatic beauty. Most of these complex ones are simply taken from Fractal Patterns. Fire a load more at me and I'll show you the fractal they came from - and how poor they are in comparison - studied chaos theory for ages and would love to get all the books out again!

Don't get me wrong, some of the designs are worthy of being called art. It's just the fools that stand around not appreciating them for what they really are that get me.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index