Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Prehistoric stone row - or collapsed modern wall?

117 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kammer
Kammer
3083 posts

Re: a whinger writes
Mar 11, 2005, 15:24
Compared to the Megalithic Portal, this place is pretty liberal. I'm not a Portal basher, it's just that there's an editorial process 'over there' that's not mirrored on TMA. The difference is a good thing. It means variety, and variety provides choice for us, the megalithic enthusiasts.

However, there *is* a point at which the editors step in on TMA. That's usually when guidelines are clearly breached, or misleading information gets posted. Some of us stick our necks out on the Forum and say, "are you sure this is genuinely prehistoric?", but the discussions that ensue don't necessarily resolve ambiguity. That's when the Eds or Holy step in (or don't step in).

A 'dodgy' flag would help non-megarak visitors to the site, because they may not want to trudge over open moorland to see something that may or may not be prehistoric (spare a thought for the newbie!). It would also help define which sites (and site types) types are widely recognised as prehistoric and which aren't.

As for wells, personally I could do without them. We don't post lakes or rivers, so why is a well any different? While we're at it, I'm also not big on natural rock features (then again, I am a bit of a fascist when it comes to these things).

K x
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index