Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Prehistoric stone row - or collapsed modern wall?

117 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
StoneLifter
StoneLifter
1594 posts

Re: Prehistoric stone row - or collapsed modern wa
Mar 09, 2005, 16:17
The way my rows are situated in the landscape seems most alike those on Exmoor. There are double rows, certainly, there but they seem to wander rather than to align. The proof of the pudding is in the eating and we are at the end of a long Metonic Cycle. The moon has returned to the extremes of northern and southern rising and setting and this is just the right time to test these alignment hypotheses to see if they stand up. Just the first few attempts have revealed useful insights about the monuments and the feeling of reopening long closed branches of human endeavour is rewarding by itself (much artistic inspiration eg).

I have summer observatories and winter observatories and the Bolton ones comprise the winter set. I hoped someone would carry on the observations at Bolton over the summer and a person has appeared that may cherrypick the more convenient ones - he lives in London but his parental home is in Smithills. We'll have to see. He's looking for songwriting inspiration possibly ...
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index