How Did It Happen To You?

104 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Wotan
Wotan
606 posts

Re: Killing the Cat
Jun 14, 2005, 10:55
For me its always been a curiousity thing. As a kid I grew up in the space age of moon landings etc and the future always held a massive appeal. Equally, the ancient past started to draw me in, tales of dinosaurs and cavemen - I blame Raquel Welch and the fur bikini! Then family holidays in Wales and seeing all those mysterious castles and weird caves and holes in the ground - what was in there ?

It kind of stuck with me over time and as i got deeper into art, it began to inform my imagination - seeing the Codex Fejevary Mayer in Liverpool Museum and cave paintings and tribal art, I wondered how primitive man could possibly be able to create such beauty with simple materials. Then to see the remains of megalithic sites, still standing after such an unfeasable length of time - outspanning the temporary houses and buildings torn down and replaced with monotonous regularity as 'modernisation' ploughed on, was quite amazing.

Naturally drawn to dowsing and divination I found myself enquiring further into the whys and the hows of ancient sites and rapidly formed my own opinions of the burgeoning 'New Age' culture, separating the history from the colourful mystery and seeking out the mythology and the mechanics behind their makers.

Then, dozens of years later, vainly attempting to learn webdesign as the latest outlet for my creativity, I came upon an article in an early issue of 'Create Online' magazine for the newly revamped Modern Antiquarian site and I had a look online to see what was happening... an the rest is history!
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index