The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
How Did It Happen To You?

104 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lottie
2 posts

Re: How Did It Happen To You?
Sep 05, 2003, 16:24
I realise I've joined this discussion a little late, but it's something I was thinking about just the other day so I'll share.......When I was little my best friend's mum had framed photographs on the wall in her hallway of Newgrange and Stonehenge and I was always fascinated by them. When I was a bit older I discovered an Arthur C Clarke book that my dad had, 'Mysterious World' I think it was called, after that I read everything I could get my hands on about unexplained happenings, earth mysteries and the like. I loved history but felt things were never quite old enough..........Then when I was 18 I visted Avebury and I was just bowled over - I've been absolutely hooked ever since. Although my other half is happy to accompany me I know he's not passionate about it and I thought it was just me with this strange obsession until I stumbled onto this site while researching for a trip to Cornwall this summer - I was so excited to find it, I had no idea there were so many like minded people !!
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index