The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
How Did It Happen To You?

104 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Wiggy
1696 posts

Re: How Did It Happen To You?
Jun 13, 2005, 20:14
Wow! I used to collect old bottles as a kid too!! I can't remember the name for it though. I remember finding loads with those old glass marble stoppers by the river in Durrington.
I really got into stones etc being 5 minutes away from Stonehenge while I was growing up. Funnily enough when I was in my late teens/early 20's during the late 1980's I did plan to write a gazetteer/photo book of stone circles but never got round to it. The free festival/Wally's/brutal police crackdown all effected me in my formative years too.
I'd always been into Copes music so I was pleased to hear he was into something I liked. Strangely, when the band I was in was planning our second album we decided very early on to have something that reflected the heritage of our county/our interests and so we got a design featuring WKLB done for the cover (it eventually came out early in 1992 but had been ready a while longer) - I was surprised to see similar covers appear on JC albums and for awhile thought I had been psykically mugged by the Drude!
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index