The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
How Did It Happen To You?

104 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Martin
401 posts

Re: How Did It Happen To You?
Aug 20, 2003, 12:16
Okay- I admit it- I was one of those sad kids that was interested in dinosaurs, volcanoes, archaeology and general prehistory (anyone remember the Ladybird book 'Our Land in the Making' and suchlike?!). Even sadder was the fact that I was a prolific reader of comics, one of which was 2000AD- around the same time that Sliane appeared in the pages of it I was also getting into ley lines and from then on things got silly ;) Around the age of 12 my folks got a caravan up in Perthshire and the countryside around was littered with ancient sites- I used to beg my parents to drive me to them all so I could go rampaging across the fields with a pair of bent coat hangers in me sweaty mitts hahahahaha. (I've since (personally) dismissed the ley line theory). Since then my interest has gone in cycles from Celtic stuff, to Pictish sites and back to the megaliths. As a teenager I used to carry around such weighty tomes as Burls work and my fav book, 'Scotland Before History', but never really read and understood the contects. I was a Copey fan since school (first saw him the St Julian tour supported by Crazyhead) and was delighted when TMA appeared- twas like a breath of fresh air.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index