The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
How Did It Happen To You?

104 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Ike
340 posts

Re: How Did It Happen To You?
Aug 20, 2003, 11:59
My main interests are Photography and Mountain Biking, when the two came together around 2000 my range greatly increased. Once when I was planning a ride I spotted the stone circle on the Gray Hill and decided to use it as a point on the ride, a goal to get to if you like. Upon returning I looked up Gray Hill on the web and TMA came back with a couple of pictures and some info on Gray Hill.

The pictures I took became my first post. It was good to see that site did not just concentrate on the glamour sites (Stonehenge, Avebury etc.) I looked at South Glos on the map and noticed it was lacking with sites of interest. So whenever I go on a ride there will now be a site I will try and make it to, beit on TMA or new.

So anything of possible interest on the map, I will try and visit from the Stone Age to Anglo Saxon. Usually anything Stone Age, Bronze, Iron will usually offer excellent vistas. That equals hills and thats good for the MTB’ing and landscape photo opportunities.

As you can see from the Map Browser, South Glos and just across the Severn there is now a higher concentration of Red Dots.

The rest is history and I’m hooked. I blame Gray Hill :-)

Ike
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index