How Did It Happen To You?

104 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nickbrand
nickbrand
431 posts

Re: How Did It Happen To You?
Aug 22, 2003, 15:07
I've always been interested in the stones, brought up near the Glassmount ones on the Binn in Fife, and lived less than a mile from the Balgarthno Circle in Dundee for about 25+ years... Used to always have a good look at any I came across, as I've always been interested in all types of history and its artefacts.

Julian Cope was a member of the Teardrop Explodes, a mildly successful pop combo in the 80's. I wasn't really into 'pop' music at that time, most of it was (IMHO) crap. I stumbled across Andy Burnham's site, the Megalithic Map, not long after I started using the internet about 5 years ago. Saw that my local area was under-represented, and offered to take some photos of these sites and scan them for him. Did so, and he then requested I set up a site of my own for them... Did so, and became thoroughly hooked. Helped form the Scottish Megaraks after joining the Stones mailing list, and it has just snowballed from there. Discovered this site through a couple of other contributors mentioning it, and have uploaded the vast majority of my efforts over the past 4 years recently. No doubt there will be more...
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index