104 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Re: How Did It Happen To You?
Aug 20, 2003, 12:10
Ha!

CC, you say: <I>'Over the years I’ve dragged various girlfriends off to sites but megalithing was always a solitary kind of activity as I didn’t know anybody else who was interested, until I found TMA. </I>

God! I know SO MUCH what you mean. I've dragged my then-husband, lovers, partners, friends, just about anyone who is willing to the sites. I thought I was weird. They thought I was weird. (Perhaps I am, that's not for me to say.) So when treaclechops and me started megalithing together in earnest a couple of years ago that changed everything. It was so nice to have someone to go with, someone who *understood* the endless appeal of sitting quietly in a remote field staring at what is intrinsically just a pile of big old rocks.

And that's what I enjoy SO MUCH about this website, it's not just all the detailed information; it's knowing that if I said: "hey I'll be in Northumberland next week, anyone up for a <I>soupcon</I> of megalithing?" I guess at least 2 or 3 people would say: "Yeah! Let's do it!" And they would UNDERSTAND.

You also say: <I>...and after spending the night chatting up a woman did I ask her out for a meal? –no. Did I ask her if she wanted to go the cinema sometime? –no. Did I ask her if she wanted to go and look at some round barrows? – ohhh yes. I honestly thought she might be interested ;-)</I>

Sticky beak here needs to know: did she accept!?
J
xx
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index