tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
nigelswift wrote:
bladup wrote:
I think you sound like a complete and utter knobhead

Sounds like you've been ripped off with the pipe!

LOL

Different planets, are you christian's [i imagine maybe catholic upbringings].

Your'e imagination has already shown to be a bit untrustworthy , maybe a bit of chakra re-alignment might help with future intuitions .

My imagination is pretty good [you should see my artwork] and is very trustworthy i thank you very much, and there you go with all that hippy nonsence again, it must be pretty hard to be aligned with a glass eye.

It depends how you use your imagination , what might be useful in writing stories for children might not helpful in solving a political problem , understanding the behaviour of people in prehistory or the religious beliefs of your contemporaries . I can't talk for Nigel , but using my imagination I imagine you are wrong .In those other examples where you have attempted to imagine something in the real world and mentioned it here you have got it wrong .

I love the way you say this as if you know it's true- anyone can look back though and my opinion is just as valid as yours. You've turned into noris cole from corrie now.

Yo might like to think your opinion might be as valid as anyone else's , but if your opinion is wrong , in this case the continually unaddressed "Stone circles have nothing left in them " it is not .

I have addressed it lots and who the fuck do you think you are , you are openly saying that your opinion is more valid than mine..... go fuck yourself you pompous prick.

Read what was said , your comment c is demonstably wrong and was refuted a long time ago and you have failed to come up with a counter refutation . You master of repartee .

By the people who built them [true stone circles, not cremation cemeteries, which are often later or circles round cairns], i really have said it again and again, people before and after did alsorts and left alsorts at a lot of sites.

You failed to define what you describe as a "true " stone circle or mention any others e.g. Barnatt or Burl use of the term or definition .
Stone circles , not enclosed cremation cemetries , have as has been mentioned many times previously plenty left in them from before the erection of the stones as close as we can judge , contemporaneously with the erection and after the stones were erected . Examples include ,empty pits , pits with various deposits , burials , burials in urns ,
charcoal , pottery , etc , stone circles have been mentioned across the country it simply wrong to suggest "Stone circles have nothing left in them " as was another statement "Archaeologists don't like excavating them [because not a lot is going to be there]" even though there was a change from "nothing " to "not a lot " it is still wrong .

By the builders of the stone circles. The stuff there is left by other people. Down here in cornwall the circles have later cairns in them, i don't need an archeologist to tell me this as i can see it for myself. [but other people would find it helpful- i do myself sometimes].

A definition of a "true " circle ?
If the deposits or in the case of ring cairns at Clava, monuments , are contemporaneous then of course it is the builders of the circles , regardless you never mentioned that in your all encompassing wrong statement . It doesn't really matter the statement "Stone circles have nothing left in them " is simply wrong as is the other comment "Archaeologists don't like excavating them [because not a lot is going to be there]" if you can't see that there is little hope in carrying on anything resembling a rational discussion .

A true stone circle been a circle of stones with nothing in it, any previous posts gone and future cairns not built yet, maybe a few broken beakers from the builders but that's normally it.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index