texlahoma
texlahoma
891 posts

Re: The finished circle
Aug 02, 2012, 20:53
Littlestone wrote:
texlahoma wrote:

Ha! Love it!

First B&W pic down is a stunner, and the video is great, showing peeps really enjoying themselves and being enthused by the whole idea/experience. Think what’s really impressive is that this is something that a whole lot of time and effort has been spent on – not just some company going in and commandeering an existing circle or heritage feature for their own interests.

Well done again :-)

There was a really nice vibe on the evening, the closes to being at a Solstice morning or equinox morning I've found outside of an ancient site. There we're people there from 48 counties so it felt good to be able to talk to them about ancient British heritage and for someone I respect as much as Paul Devereux to talk and for Julian Richards to help out in the consultancy stages too.

It really was a long and well thought out process, I know there will be those that will believe that using probable ancient techniques might have been more genuine in some way, in fact we even discussed that a whole lot. Still, there was very real planning, passion and belief in doing it and I think it shows.

Visiting there now it's just a wonderful place. I hope it's there for generations to come.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index